Search This Blog

Monday, September 29, 2008

The Oath Taking Program









I am putting here some more pictures. If others have theirs, do email me those jpegs and they will find space here in the next blogs. Thanks. Picture #1 is the Oath to the PGCA (what for?). Anyway it was in the program, and I intend to make that a real one. The one who took that picture sat beside me, Mr. Vic Abrenica, my Group Process professor in DLSU. Tatay ko na ba? Pareho kaming may "halo" no? Maliwanag na ba? And yes, the third picture was the most "talked about" cultural rendition by Ms. Dixie Diesta of the UP College of Music. The Program wrote "Special Song Offering" but she sang how many? SOrry but I lost count, maybe about four? Ano ka, kinanta niya Bituing Marikit, completo with coloratura voice (yung kumukulot na boses hehe). Talaga yatang ganon ang Guidance Counselor - Bituing Marikit (hehehe just lightening the atmosphere!). Listening to her brought back memories of the jukebox and the harana sa Aawitan Kita tv special (madami kamming nakaabot sa kapanahunan na yun no?!) The last pic is the trademark PGCA chaos. There should be a way to make things a little more orderly next time. Let's pray we find a better one. In the meantime, PILA!!!!

For us who were at the Oath Taking Ceremonies in the Manila Hotel's Centennial Hall, it was an exhilarating experience. Years of service were acknowledged through the generosity of the Grandfather's Clause of Republic Act No. 9258. Thanks to the Board that examined our documents. Ad multos annos. This Latin phrase doesn't wish for more "multo's" or ghosts to hound them through the years, but a sincere wish for MORE YEARS in their lives of service!

Just to appreciate what was inside, I looked into the list of 3rd Batch of oath takers under the Grandfather's Clause. I saw my name in #96 again. I couldn't believe it, thinking that this is a Program and yet containing the same mistake! Upon taking a second look after the chaos of the occasion, I saw the same name in the same spot I had reported to the PRC: ALCAZAR, Esperanza Magsino, in numbers 11 and 26. AGAIN!!! And if I am not mistaken, I met her, and she's a nun! But in fairness, CARVAJAL, Pepita Tabilon was written only once this time, and GUTIERREZ, Rowena Espiritu appeared this time!

And believe it or not, the title of PGCA did not carry with it the title "Accredited Professional Organization by the PRC." Not even the word Interim was found! For once I saw some honesty here. There will be more honesty to be made in the coming days. I hope there is a way to improve our integrity, which Dr. Esperanza De Gracia coined as "impeccable integrity."

Yes, the Program contained the PRB Resolution No. 05, the Code of Ethics for Registered and Licensed Counselors, which was dated July 15, 2008. For those who took their oaths earlier, I intend to copy here this document so that everyone can read and be taught.