Search This Blog

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Yes, Laugh But Think Too

A Filipino-Chinese friend emailed me this story below, and to avoid any racial slur which the BBC had just done an apology to the Philippines for (kasi alipustain ba kaya naman nila ang Pinay bilang _e_ object), I omitted the nationality of the businessman. I hope Bill will take this rather lightly, he being such a known figure that causes joy among many people. Whoever is the source of this story will realize his/her ingenuity, and my gratitude in taking liberty with his creativity. Happy reading.

Business School 101


Rajpatek (father): I want you to marry. I will introduce you to a girl.
Son: I will choose my own bride!!!
Rajpat: But the girl is Beell Gayts' daughter...
Son: Well, in that case... ok

Next Rajpatek approaches Beell Gayts.

Rajpatek: I have a husband for your daughter...
Beell Gayts: But my daughter is too young to marry!
Rajpatek: But this young man is a vice-president of the Word Bank.
Beell Gayts: Ah, in that case... ok

Finally Rajpatek goes to see the president of the Word Bank.

Rajpatek: I have a young man to be recommended as a vice president.
President: But I already have more vice-presidents than I need!
Rajpat: But this young man is Beell Gayts' son-in-law.
President: Ah, in that case... ok

And that, my friend, is how some people do business.

-----------------

You might have noticed that there was a lot of name dropping as well as verbal distorts. Hence, the father in the story is liable for his distorts: forcing his son to marry someone too young, forcing Beell to give away his too young daughter to a fictitious figure, and forcing the Word Bank to have as vice-president who maybe a bum.

The moral of the lesson is: get to the bottom of what is claimed. Duping one can enter into if sufficient supports, particularly evidences are not on hand. Hence, the son, Beell, and the Word Bank may have been duped into believing what they simply heard.

In short, evaluate before deciding. We priests interview the couples who come for marriage and have their marriage banns announced so that sufficient time is granted before the ritual consummation is done. Those who know the truth but don't say anything due to fear and, hopefully not, indifference, may be as liable as the one who first started the duping.

Remember, true joy is when deception is not there.
Paalala lang po! God bless

1 comment:

Eds said...

ha3 thanks!
GOD bless