Search This Blog

Thursday, April 10, 2008

The NBI Clearance: For Licensure Purpose

One of the requirements to get the Professional License in Guidance and Counseling is the NBI Clearance. It is an official document which states that the applicant has no legal encumbrances. Good professional Guidance Counselors should not be liable for any misdemenour - or misterdemenour - if you wish. And while I was waiting for my turn in the many cues I had to line up, the thought of taking puctures and having this experience blogged came up. Hence, as I recount below, you will see the pictures. I thought about those who might want to have an orientation to the place, hence the use of this present blog. Enjoy the trip with me.



So, yesterday, April 9, I went to the NBI in the afternoon. In the morning, shortly before lunch, since I was scheduled to get some materials outside, I decided to put all these "outings" in one trip. I called up the NBI and got information that the best time to go is between 3PM-4 every Thursday and Friday. I asked the lady at the telephone if she could help me see if someone else has my name (in which case document release will take time). Believe you me! There were 11 Bernardo Collera in their list. She mentioned 1 from Benguet, 1 from Laguna, and then here in Manila. But when I told her where I was born and my middle name, I was the only one. Thank God.! That meant my doucment would be released immediately.
So I went to the Carriedo NBI Clearance Center. I could have gone to the Quezon City Hall as well, but since my trip was convenient via LRT, I decided to go there instead. The NBI Clearance Center is found not in the Isetann Shopping Center. In fact, in my telephone call to the NBI, I got the impression that the NBI was in one of the floors there. But, the NBI Clearance Center stands in the opposite diagonal side of the Isetann Shopping Center.



From LRT 2, I walked towards the LRT 1 D. Jose Station where I took the train towards Baclaran. I think the Carriedo Station comes right after D. Jose on the way to Central Station. I walked back to Isetann Shopping Center where I asked the guard where the NBI Clearance Center is. He showed me with his hand where it was - AYUN - and there I went where I saw the big sign NBI Clearance Center .



I realized that I was walking through a labyrinth of shopping stalls - a tiangge environment, but complete with signs: NBI This Way. I just followed the signs until I reached the stairs. Was it the 3rd or 4th floor where I saw a big board which showed the flow one has to go to get the clearance? From there, I went forward to the counter to pay the entry fee of P20, and I got a pink slip as proof of payment. Then I saw a cue to the spot where I got the Application Form after I showed my pink slip. This is the spot I am mentioning here. Picture #1:

Picture #1: Get Application Form Spot

Here in Picture #2 below is Step 1: Payment Counter. While cueing up for my turn, I filled in the data required in the form given in Picture #1. I paid P115 only. An Official Receipt was given. There at this payment counter is posted Step 2. I shall be posting the Directions for Steps 2 - 4 in my next blog since this blog entry only allows 5 pics at most. Steps 2-4 are in the next floor.

Picture # 2: Payment Counter

In Picture # 3 below, I had to cue so that the lady there could place a bar code on my application form, sticking the pink slip in there together. She asked for an ID, and I showed my Driver's License. Then off I went to Step 3 which was just in front of Step 2.

Picture # 3: Data Check

At Step 3, Picture # 4 below, there was a lady who typed in (encoding) the data I provided in my application form. She clarified my address if it was right, and after that, off to Step 4.

Picture # 4: Quick Search

Everyone loves this next step. When one's turn comes, just stand in front of the webcam, look at it and then the computer photographer asked for my application form where she stamped something. The O.R. was not needed to be shown.

Please check the next blog for the next steps. I'd like to post it together with the other pics. K? Please don't get the impression that I left the place after this Step. Haha.

God bless.