Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

PRB Chair Dr. Rhodelia Gabriel Passes Away

While preparing for a major event, just this morning April 15, 2008, I received a text message from PGCA President Dr. Rose Llanes that our Professional Regulatory Board of Guidance and Counseling Chair Dr. Rhodelia Gabriel has just passed away. Dr. Perlie Polestico sent me a text message from Bernie Gabriel (must be related to Dr. Gabriel) about it too. I called up Dr. Llanes to inquire about her death. She mentioned that Dr. Gabriel's blood condition apparently deteriorated that led to death.

I bet the whole Guidance and Counseling profession now mourns the death of its first Chair. We will surely miss her. I had good times with her in some of the IPCAP meetings where she and Dr. Luz Guzman, one of the three in the PRBGC attended.

Eternal rest grant unto Rhodelia O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May she rest in peace. I shall be offering my Mass tomorrow for her. Please pray for her. I heard from Dr. Llanes that the funeral is scheduled on Saturday April 19 in Los Banos, Laguna where she lives. Hope to get more information which I can post here about the matter. Fr. Francisco Bustamante, S.J., current PACERS Board Member texted back and noted: "I'm sad to learn that she has gone HOME ahead to our God. For her journey I'll say a MASS for RESURRECTION..."

P.S. I noticed that the blog I made before this edited one was dated a day earlier. Hence I had to include the date when I got the news because maybe time moves faster in my side here.