Search This Blog

Thursday, April 17, 2008

In Memoriam of Dr. Gabriel: A Sharing

Having gotten the permission of the writer, I am blogging here the following comments upon reading here the news of Dr. Gabriel's passing away. Here it is:

April 16, 2008
Dear Padre;
I dunno why pero we were conversing since April 11 pa. Kanina while I tried to refresh my computer suddenly nakita ko yung update po ninyo dun sa counseling psychology website and it read: PRB Chair Dr. Rhodelia Gabriel Passed Away. I was floored, hindi po ako makapaniwala.

Remember nasabi ko before na we had chance to work with though indirectly? kasi po I am working with the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) Central Office. I work specifically with the Office of Programs and Standards po, Director's Office. Sa amin po dumadaan ang mga request for indorsements ng mga activities for evaluation. the latest is that the PGCA will hold an annual convention on May 14-16. kahit na medyo mahal ang fee padre, inapprove ang bossing ko and recommended for indorsment naman sya.Soemhow nalalaman ko kung may activities ang mga organizations.

Anyway, I know Mam Gabriel cuz i had chance to work with her. Many times I had encounter with her, kasi dito po sa CHED we created a Technical Committee for Guidance and Counseling which is under Technical Panel for Teacher Education. I have been a witness to the dedication of this woman. Alam nyo po it really saddens me to know shes gone kasi the last time nakausap namen sya she is in the hospital. Actually I asked her po na kung maari she could lend me some books she used in guidance and counseling since na retired na sya (hand me down ba padre, ganun).Tapos last thing hindi na po sya sumasagot sa call or text namen. I contacted my collegues who work for TP Teacher Ed just this moment and I conveyed the same news and we are all shocked. We contacted Mam Llanes (who is also a member of CHED TCGC) and she confirmned it also.

God bless Mam Gabriel. Sure I/we will miss her.

Thanks for your blog padre.

JAY