Search This Blog

Friday, February 20, 2009

Memos from the CHED and DepEd

The CHED and DepEd memos are currently up for signature by their respective signatories. The DepEd memo gets published in the internet and is very easy to download and print. Since there is no CHED facility in the internet, one has to go and get that document from their office in UP Diliman. And once out, these documents will get published here.

The CHED and DepEd memos are usually sought by the organizations as an indicator of support from these two agencies. Some organizations seek the TESDA's too. However, my experience with that agency has showed me that they can be quite slow in providing the document of endorsement.

It was just lately when I discovered that any of these said agencies may endorse an event of even a revoked organization. I mean that there are organizations whose SEC registrations have been revoked due to some incapacity to comply with SEC policies or standards. One of the requirements to get the DepEd and CHED endorsement is the SEC registration certificate, that green paper I posted last year when I got ours for IPCAP sometime in July (I remember still having received that on my birthday last year). Even when one's SEC registration is revoked, for as long as one has that, and submits a copy of it, the revocation may not be obvious. I inquired about this matter and realized that there is so much trust which may be open for exploitation. And exploited it has been. The said organization/s thus finds no reason to correct its SEC status.

One of the reasons for SEC revocation status is an organization's inability to do its regular annual reports - we call it the Reportorials. This is an indication that the organization may be having some problems. Among them is the money problem - unaccounted and unaudited accounts. Another problem is the failure to turn over the leadership to the next batch AFTER ONE's TERM has been exhausted. Yes, I think this is something so commonly observed in our land: let me call it the Dictatorial Spirit in a person as in the former Dictator. How I pray that the Cory spirit defeat this tendency to hang on and cling (na parang linta) to the position even when the organization's Constitutions and/or statutes says OVER NA PO/SOBRA NA PO/THANK YOU PO TALAGA! BABAY! I remember that I wan invited to be ex officio of an organization I was once President for two years as allowed in the Constitution. I had to invoke the Constitution of the organization to defend myself from the accusation that I was being snubbish! Ako pa ang naging masama! Talaga. Show me where in the Constitution where that "ex officio" is and I will accept the offer.

The problem with revocation is the difficulty to reinstate the name because that particular name used before has now been identified as REVOKED in the SEC. Penalties can be heavy, thereby draining the resources of the organization.

Who among us would like to be paying our membership dues to an organization that will pay these penalties? Of course thanks to the Board Officials who did not admit that they did not know any better than make the organization coffers their personal purse now and then.

So there you know why I am writing this here: so that we Guidance Counselors, registered at that, may take precaution before we attend the Conventions or whatever offerings and end up sucked financially. If this is one way of rooting corruption in our midst, please! Let's all help. We have this moral obligation before God and one another.

God bless

No comments: