Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Requirements for PGCA Good Moral Certificate

I have received the following letter and made inquiries to answer the point raised. Here it is:

"Dear Sir,
Good day... since the deadline of filing for non-examination will be in January 29, 2009. my concern is certificate of active membership and good moral character from APO. I don't think i can possibly secure since PACERS convention is set in September. there will 4 months left until deadline comes in January. To be an active member is one of the requirements. pls inform me the best thing to do."

My response:

I am assuming that you must have read the blog and the requirements, and therefore may be looking for a clearer list of requirements for the PGCA good moral character certificate. You will need the following certificates (3 lahat)- 1 from your barangay captain, 1 from your pastor or parish priest, 1 from your employer, all acclaiming your good moral character.

According to Ms. Malou Chavez, "Every applicant needs to have attended 1 PGCA National Convention or Midyear (which in this year will be held sometime October 2008), and 1 local, meaning PGCA Chapter or any counseling-related organization event like PACERS' Midyear Workshops in Cebu on Sept. 4-5 - please see my blog for more inofrmation. (With these certificates of attendance) You will need to pay the membership fee of P500, + P100 for the APO Good Moral Certificate. Isabay mo na lahat when you attend the PGCA Midyear in October. PGCA should have people involved in this.

"All the best. Hope you have in the meantime accomplished or collated your other requirements which you may submit at the Regional Office of PRC. There is an application paper at the PRC Regional (I believe so) which you need to fill in and accomplish (and attach your documents to this application paper). If you don't have or can't get in your PRC Regional Office, let me know so that I can ask PACERS to bring along copies of the PRC Application for those who may need it will be able to get it during the Cebu Midyear 2008).

I hope this response has answered your questions. I shall be posting your message (sans your name) in my blog so that others may find the answer. Thanks and God bless. Take care."

The response I gave above I have inquired from Ms. Malou Chavez of PGCA (Secretary), and PRC. For more information, please contact PRC at (02) 314-0018. All the best and God bless.