Search This Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2008

On the first Board Exams for Guidance Counselors

A a graduate of Master of Arts in Education major in Guidance and Counseling from a state university contacted me by email. The person was planning to take the 1st licensure examination for guidance counselor here in our country. The problem is that the person doesn't know the exact date of filing for examination and final date of examination. So the email contained the request to "please send me the exact information so that I can save time and energy."

I gave the person the PRC landline (02) 3140018 so the person could do the contacting. Just the other day, I got an email with a response from Dr. Llanes, current PGCA President. Here it is:

"See web pgca.org.ph for updates. Filing April 15 and exam Aug 21-22. Convention will be on May 14-16 at Century Park Hotel, please reserve early and pass.

Dr. Llanes

I hope this information can help us in our journey towards the full professionalization of Counseling in the Philippines.

God bless