Search This Blog

Monday, January 07, 2008

JUST WHAT WAS THAT SCAM LETTER?

For those who have no idea about the letter that was made by the scammer in my gmail account, I am printing here so that they can see how it looks really like the ones so sadly spreading in the internet. Note how an adaptation was made from those we have read before (money asked for in the email using my gmail account was $3,150); my name was really used [see the signature below, which made other people think it was mine.]Here it is:

----- Original Message ----From: Bernie Gu <berngu721@gmail.com>
To: aguask@dlsu.edu.ph
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 11:01:35 PM
Subject: PLEASE TREAT AS URGENT

How are you doing today? I am sorry i didn't informyou about my traveling to Africa for a program called"Empowering Youth to Fight Racism, HIV/AIDS, Povertyand Lack of Education,and also child abuse the program is taking place in three major countries in Africawhich is Ghana , South Africa and Nigeria . It hasbeen a very sad and bad moment for me, the presentcondition that i found myself is very hard for me toexplain.

I am really stranded in Nigeria because I leftt mylittle bag in the Taxi where my money, passport,documents and other valuable things were kept on myway to the Hotel i am staying, I am facing a hard time here because i have no money on me. I am now owning ahotel bill of $ 1550 and they wanted me to pay thebill soon else they will have to seize my bag and handme over to the Hotel Management., I need this help from you urgently to help me back home, I need you tohelp me with the hotel bill and i will also need $1600to feed and help myself back home so please can youhelp me with a sum of $3150 to sort out my problems here? I need this help so much and on time because iam in a terrible and tight situation here, I don'teven have money to feed myself for a day which means ihad been starving so please understand how urgent i needed your help.

I am sending you this e-mail from the city Library andI only have 30 min, I will appreciate what so ever youcan afford to send me for now and I promise to payback your money as soon as i return home so please let me know on time so that i can forward you the detailsyou need to transfer the money through Money Gram orWestern Union. Thanks

-- Fr. Bernard, SVD

Huuh! Talaga naman!