Search This Blog

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Pacquiao, Mobile Phone & IPCAP in Dumaguete



While there were not yet many who came, Ninoy, VP Rodil & Sr. Mary Assumpta Lim came and signed the IPCAP Membership Book. Here in this book is the list of paying and active members of the organization. I never did this in any organization duly registered in SEC.



While the rest were on a break, see how they immediately posed: Ms Jo Casiño, Dr. Barrera and Cesar Cong flashing their smiles, and thanking the participants who came.



This was a welcome celebration after two days of the IPCAP Convention. We ate at the Blue Bay Resto in Manila Bay. Thank God we made it in the 1st. Now forward to Dumaguete.

------------------

Last Dec. 7, 2008, a Sunday, a quorum of the IPCAP Board of Trustees met at Mary Ridge in Tagaytay for planning and recreation. Thanks to the generosity of the RGS nuns, we had the grace of enjoying the cool winds as we arrived Mary Ridge at about 10AM (not breeze! because the winds were gusty, and anyone so "patpatin" can be easily blown by those winds that can pass for a typhoon!). Since then, with Dr. Llanes of PGCA, Dr. Julian Montano of PACERS, Dr. Elvi Ramos of CDAP, Ms. Maureen Sandejas of FPCAP, and Cesar Cong of PACC, our Assistant Secretary Ms. Jo Casiño, and Ms. Nila Urrea of UE, Manila and myself, we sat and talked about the profession and how we at IPCAP can be of help. Of course on top of the agenda was our Dumaguete holding of the IPCAP 1st National Convention. Hence, we came up with the Program of Activities which is now ready and has been emailed to participants. We were all happy when we were updated beat by beat the boxing of Pacquiao vs. the Golden Boy. The Sisters almost came out to see what was the noise from our side when we shouted YEHEEY! PANALO SI PACQUIAO! Umayaw ba naman si Golden Boy! The immediate utterance of some of us was this: would that our detractors also do a Golden Boy act: stop keeping people from attending the IPCAP which is an organization for Licensed/Registered Guidance Counselors! Haha. A prayer said in a matter of laughter.

--------------------

If you have been texting me through my GLOBE number 0927-3842739, and might have felt bad I have not been responding, my apologies. This TV Mobile made in China mobile unit has not been that efficient lately. Last night, I texted a message to it and to my dismay, my message did not arrive, and to think that the SMART unit was just an inch away! Please pardon this human imperfection.

Hence, from this time on, if you have any message by text, do send it to my SMART mobile number 0919-6236605. I have always received and replied from that because if I don't get anything in my Globe unit, how can I reply? I think I will just use this Globe unit to make calls rather than for texting. It has been performing rather erratically, and I am afraid I am starting to lose confidence in its efficiency. So, there you are, text me through my SMART mobile number.

-------------------

Oh yes, one of the outputs of the meeting is the plan to come up with an IPCAP newsletter. Hence if you, especially Ninoy Carranza, this blog's latest follower, have any news or events in your place to share, do email me so we can include the article in our 1st simple newsletter. We will definitely include in there some pictures of our 1st IPCAP National Convention in the University of the East, Manila. Deadline for submission is Jan. 15, 2009. We will release the newsletter during our 1st National Convention in Dumaguete on January 23-24, 2009.

No comments: