Search This Blog

Saturday, June 09, 2007

New PGCA Board Elected!

In a phone conversation with PGCA President Dr. Rosa Maria Llanes this morning, she mentioned the possibility of announcing here in my blog the following PGCA-elected Board Members who elected among themselves to their new positions yesterday June 8, 2007:

President : Dr. Rosa Maria I. Llanes
Vice-President : Dr. Imelda Virginia G. Villar
Secretary : Ms. Maria Lourdes L. Chavez, M.A.
Treasurer : Dr. Lucy Bance
Business Manager : Dr. Carmencita H. Salonga
Auditor : Dr. Alexa P. Abrenica
P.R.O. : Dr. Alda Perlita S. Polestico

Members of the Board:
Dr. Benedicta O. Lascano
Sr. Dr. Alegria Z. Avellaneda, SPS
Dr. Ligaya S. De Guzman
Dr. Leticia PeƱano-Ho

I wish for this new Board to work as hard as they used to, primarily for the professionalization of Guidance & Counseling in the Philippines. In my previous blog, I wrote about those who came for IPCAP last March 17, 2007 and the request that the current and newly-elected President be given by the PGCA a chance to serve again since she seems to be the best for the process we're all into now. Thanks for heeding that request (if ever you did). I think PGCA did because the whole Board ran again and won! Congratulations! You can rest assured that I shall keep you all in my Masses, especially now that I am too a member of the PGCA, even if only an Affiliate. God bless your efforts. If I may quote St. Peter (1 Ptr 3:13, 7 [New Jerusalem Bible, 1985]) here: "No one can hurt you if you are determined to do only what is right; and blessed are you if you have to suffer for being upright...And if it is by the will of God that you should suffer, it is better to suffer for doing what is right than for doing wrong." All the best then.